Within the Finance Team we think of quality, innovation, speed and pro-activity as our top priorities. That’s why we are looking for a Financial Controller with a sparkle.
As an all-round controller you will shape the brand new Financial Control department together with 3 other senior finance professionals. You are primarily responsible for the process around financial reporting, annual reports and the audit process of the entire group. It goes without saying that these are all carefully planned, prepared and executed. Next to that things as process design, ISO, ERP and payroll management are all important elements in your day to day work.
During the execution of your tasks there’s nothing you miss. You are a perfectionist, are capable to juggle all balls in the air and make sure you unburden your colleagues. When necessary you involve them or the CFO to make sure you, together, reach the optimal result.
You’ve got a clear view of what it takes to give some insight in group performances from a result, risk and compliance point of view. You’re a professional and have a proven track record for an efficient audit process. You are the one that makes sure you can meet those expectations and when needed work hand in hand with the CFO to do what it takes.
Taking responsibility and being accountable are within your comfort zone. You have finished a theoretical education and a couple of years of relevant work experience (preferable in the audit of large SMEs). You want to make an impact and that’s why you are taking your career to the next step: financial management. This competence is necessary to be relevant within our commercial organization. You see why we need a controller with a sparkle?
In 2018 we have become part of the international organization (Merkle/DAN). In short these will be your challenges:
• Setup and maintain a Merkle NL system for Approvals & Escalation;
• Payroll management;
• Work together with team on “implementation of” or “changes on” new ERP;
• Working Capital management (together with Commercial Finance);
• Balance Sheet ownership;
• Month-end & reporting (consolidated);
• Reporting & Consolidation;
• Audit management & Statutory Compliance.
Your expertise and accuracy make sure your work is transparent. With enthusiasm you know how to build awareness amongst colleagues and the management team. You take them with you in your idea making and optimizing procedures and processes. You lift the company to the next level just by being you. Again and again. Our new colleague is a team player with excellent communicative skills who’s great at managing stakeholders. You’ve got a pragmatic attitude, healthy dose of curiosity and are stress-resistant.
You are the epitome of vigor and you position yourself as the result-oriented specialist with flair. You feel at home in a dynamic environment (and the other way around) that’s all about thriving. You oversee the organizational processes in helicopter view and work with the use of professional standards and procedures. You are sharp, critical and service-minded towards colleagues. You’ve got a hands-on mentality and aren’t afraid to make good use of your brain.
Some specifics we require
• A structured way of working that comes natural;
• A bachelor or master’s degree in business economics or equivalent;
• 5 to 8 relevant years of experience in business services, preferable in a quick changing branch;
• Experience in supervising audits independently;
• The sense of responsibility what makes you stick out your neck regularly;
• Up to date knowledge of new innovations and developments within the financial and fiscal world;
• Knowledge, insight and experience with ERP and reporting systems;
• A strong analytical ability and strong in thinking in processes and executing them;
• Knowledge and a great control of MS Office;
• A critical eye and creative in finding all the answers to complicated questions!
What we offer? Quite a lot, here are some highlights:
• Space and time to develop yourself and grow into a role that suits you best:
• Flexibility and freedom. Working from home or flexible working hours? No problem!
• Talking about freedom… We offer 28 holidays;
• A good salary with ditto fringe benefits:
• Enough time for other fun things at work. Table football, (thematic) get togethers, parties, camping with all colleagues and a lot more:
• An international work environment!
Where will you work?
In one of the 5 coolest offices in Rotterdam to be precise. And no, that’s not only our opinion. We made lists! Check out the awesome interior, flexible work places and open spaces. If you’d ask us we also think the parties, room for initiative and good vibes are what makes Oxyma great. We don’t like shady stuff, but we do like a good atmosphere. Good to know: our office is located close by the city center (which is handy for lunch or after work drinks) and near Rotterdam Central Station.
At our office you’ll find a group of professionals with different backgrounds and specializations. Pro’s that love to look further than their own niche and are keen to make the impossible possible.
Let's change the game together, apply now!
Do you have questions about the Traineeship or Oxyma? Contact Wendy Maat via firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp: +31 610 500 827. We look forward hearing from you!