… confident and able to approach legal challenges with a business perspective? Are you blue in nature with a yellow mind? Hello, we’d like to meet!
It’s not about data, it’s about people in Merkle’s brand strategies. Our agencies (aFrogleap, Oogst, Oxyma, OFS and Your Social) all belong to Merkle Nederland and together create personal client experiences. Communication assets that are all addressable, have impact, are relevant and last but not least: GDPR-approved. That is what we call: people-based marketing.
As our Legal Counselor you will give life to a total new position. You will be the go-to person for all businesses of Merkle Nederland for questions about contracts, ICT-law and the latest privacy laws. Your direct colleagues are the CFO, our client teams and the Data Protection Officer. You also have frequent national and international contacts with the legal staff at our clients, our external advisors and, of course, your colleagues at Merkle and Dentsu Aegis Network.
You are involved in nearly all legal affairs and recommendations. For example the draw-up of commercial contracts, agreements with suppliers and themes as privacy law, advertising law, intellectual property, contract management, SLA’s and terms and conditions. You are the gatekeeper of our legal compliance. You identify legal risks and advise the management team proactively about these risks. You optimize and control our internal and external legal processes and guidelines and you work together with lawyers from DAN, the lawyers of our clients and our own external legal advisors. Of course you won’t do this alone. You do this together with the legal department of DAN, lawyers of our clients and our own external legal advisors. What you need? Business knowledge, creativity, commercial intuition and a huge stack of flair.
You’re an ambitious and practical thinking jurist with eye for detail and processes. You have a sense of commerce and are able to translate wishes from the business into legal agreements and recommendations. You know the fine line between legal risks and business interests. Of course you’re communicatively strong and able to explain legal implications in a clear and understandable way to colleagues and clients. You’re pro-active and give creative solutions for complex legal matters. You’re well aware of the latest legal developments in the dynamic ever moving market that is our playing field. You know - and can document - how for example (new) privacy laws have which effect on our business.
We’re part of an international network and offer you a lot of chances to further develop your career. Whatever your ambitions may be, we are here to realize them. Because you’re the best version of you when you do what you love.
Some specifics we require
• A master in Dutch Law, International/European Law and/or Information Law;
• Profound knowledge of ICT law (e.g. data security and knowledge of digital marketing as a domain);
• At least 4 years of experience in the field of private law (corporate law and contract law) and intellectual property law (copyright, trademark law);
• Knowledge of the General Data Protection Regulation and other laws regarding privacy;
• The power of persuasion and negotiation;
• Creative mind, being able to see things in perspective and great sense of humor;
• A go-getter mentality, this is Rotterdam for crying out loud;
• Excellent communicative skills in both Dutch and English (oral and written).
What we offer? Quite a lot, here are some highlights:
• Space and time to further develop yourself.
• Flexibility and freedom. Working from home or flexible working hours? No problem!
• Talking about freedom… We offer 28 holidays.
• A good salary with ditto fringe benefits.
• In addition to work there is more than enough room for other fun things. Table football, (thematic) get togethers, parties, camping with all colleagues and a lot more! We think a good life and work balance is important.
• A dynamic work environment!
Where will you work?
In one of the 5 coolest offices in Rotterdam to be precise. And no, that’s not only our opinion. We made lists! Check out the awesome interior, flexible work places and open spaces. If you’d ask us we also think the parties, room for initiative and good vibes are what makes Oxyma great. We don’t like shady stuff, but we do like a good atmosphere. Good to know: our office is located close by the city center (which is handy for lunch or after work drinks) and near Rotterdam Central Station.
At our office you’ll find a group of professionals with different backgrounds and specializations. Pro’s that love to look further than their own niche and are keen to make the impossible possible.
Let's change the game together, apply now!
Do you have questions about the job or Oxyma? Contact Wendy Maat via email@example.com or Whatsapp: +31 610 500 827. We look forward hearing from you!
Acquisition based on this vacancy will not be appreciated.